The Certified Radiology Administrator (CRA) credential is an exam-based certification tailored specifically to medical imaging administration, focusing on all aspects of imaging management in the range of practice settings.
The CRA is earned by passing a 185 question exam testing knowledge and excellence in:
- Human resource management (HR)
- Asset resource management (AM)
- Fiscal management (FM)
- Operations management (OM)
- Communication and information management (CI)
Additionally, the credential must be renewed every three years and requires a minimum of 36 contact hours of continuing education studies in the five domains tested on the CRA examination, assuring continued high standards of knowledge and excellence.
- Recognized and documented affirmation of skills and capabilities
- Confirmation of strong and relevant imaging management experience
- Validation of proven business acumen, particularly in the skills essential to imaging managers
- Recognition of high standard of achievement
Why Become a CRA?
- The CRA credential distinguishes individuals as proven, skilled, knowledgeable leaders in the field of imaging management
- It can increase career opportunities, enhance professional recognition, and provide personal satisfaction.
- The CRA is the only professional credential tailored specifically for imaging administrators
Why Hire a CRA?
Click here to download a PDF information sheet about the CRA
- Validated high-level management competencies
- Advanced understanding of the principles of the imaging business
- Demonstrated ability in applying knowledge and leadership to guide and develop imaging management teams
- Certified, proven high standards of achievement and ethics
The CRA program, including the examination, is managed by the Radiology Administration Certification Commission (RACC), a self-governing body created to maintain the credential’s integrity and relevance.